Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nutella Cake

Nutella makes everything better. I know some people that cant be in the same room as nutella without consuming the entire jar, that's how good it is.  Nutella is in the same family as peanut butter and Dulce de leche, its a spreadable chocolate that you can use on just about anything.  I have made mini sandwiches with nutella and banana, you can spread on a crepe, or eat with a spoon right out of the jar. In my house, I have to hide peanut butter from my husband so he doesn't eat the entire jar, luckily he doesn't have the same taste buds for Nutella, so I can leave it sitting around for as long as I want until I'm ready to make my delicious Nutella pound cake.  I got this recipe from some food magazine, and one day decided to test it out, little did I know, this would become the Nutella cake everyone talks about.  Its the perfect combination of a moist cake and chocolate that runs throughout the cake, keeps great the next day as long as you keep it covered or in foil.  This recipe makes a pretty big pound cake,  so make sure you have a large loaf pan, otherwise, I sometimes divide this recipe in half to make a smaller cake.
ingredients:
2 sticks - room temperature unsalted butter ( has to be soft)
1 1/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs  at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
13 ounce jar of nutella
preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan
lightly beat together eggs and vanilla in a bowl
mix flour, salt and baking powder in another bowl
with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar at medium until fluffy,  gradually add the egg mixture until fully incorporated.  Add flour mixture in 3 batches at low speed until just incorporated. and mix for 30 seconds.
spread 1/3 of mixture in your pan, then spread 1/3 of nutella, continue with another layer of batter, another layer of nutella and the last layer of batter.  Top with remaining nutella, drop in dollops all over top and swirl the nutella with a knife or toothpick, do not over mix.
bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.  This cake is soooo good, try for yourself.

Easy to spot jar in your supermarket


No comments:

Post a Comment