Friday, January 7, 2011

Carbs....I Love Thou...

 If it were up to me, every meal would consist of carbs.  Bagels, Danishes, Pizza, Bread, I love them all.  So for breakfast I decided to visit my new favorite bakery, Paris Baguette, its a new little pastry shop on 32nd between 5th and 6th in Korea Town.  Who knew Korean's knew anything about Franch pastries, apparently they know plenty and are quite good at it. 
This place has about 20 different pastries, and all are baked fresh on premises. At 8am, the almond danish I had with my coffee was perfection.  Filled with almond paste and topped with toasted almonds and confection sugar, this fresh pastry was the perfect start to my morning.  With the amount of carbs I consume on a regular basis, I'm amazed that i can stay in shape, I think carbs just love me as much as i love them.
While most days i bring my lunch from home or go out and grab something to bring back to the office, today I went to the new Gourmet Mecca "Eately" in the flatiron district on 5th and 23rd.  This market/coffee/sandwich shop/bakery/restaurant is a dream for every foodie. I can go on and on about this place, its really worth visiting, and when you do, make sure to have lunch at their Pizza/Pasta restaurant. First they bring out their freshly baked rustic bread with olive oil. Me and my lunch date split the appetizer Fresh Mozzarella and a Pizza with spicy pepperoni.  Their fresh mozzarella was the best I ever tasted and Pizza was equally as good.  Something about the crust they use makes their pizza taste different and more delicious than any other pizza I've tasted. I highly recommend a visit to Eately, bring your appetite and perhaps a platinum card :O)




No comments:

Post a Comment