Thursday, January 27, 2011

Insane Brownies!

I love a moist fudgy brownie, but never really had a great recipe.   I have to thank my mother-in-law indirectly for this recipe, because when asked what I wanted for one of my 8 Hanukkah presents this year, I requested a subscription to a food magazine, after all, my inspiration has to come from somewhere.  When I saw the cover of the February issue of bon appetit magazine and a recipe inside, I just couldn't help myself, I had to try it.  If this brownie made the cover of a food magazine, it has to be good, and it was.  What attracted me to this recipe was that it was fairly simple with ingredients that I always have in my kitchen.  Try it for yourself, but warning, these are brownies that make you want to eat the entire tray, no joke.
Why are these so good?? because they have that hard top and a fudgy moist center.  The recipe called for walnuts which I included, I'm sure they can be left out if you don't like nuts.
Ingredients:
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut in 1" pcs
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs-chilled
1/3 cup plus 1 TB spoon unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon water
1 cup walnuts pieces
preheat oven to 325 degrees, position rack in bottom third of the oven
line 8x8x2" metal pan with foil, leaving overhang on the sides so you can pick it up later, and coat with cooking spray
melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, continue cooking until butter stops foaming and browned bits start forming on the bottom, stir often, about 5 min total.
remove from heat, immediately add sugar, cocoa, water, vanilla and salt, stir to blend
leave to cool for 5 minutes
add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition
when mixture looks thick and shiny, add flour and stir to blend.
beat vigorously 60 strokes, stir in nuts. transfer to pan.  Bake for about 25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs., cool on a rack, then lift foil and cut into pieces, I used a wet knife to cut and cleaned it often, because it got get very fudgy.
These are amazing, enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will most definitely be making these!!! Without nuts of course :)

    ReplyDelete