Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fast and Easy Stir Fry


If you are in the mood for Chicken and Vegetable stir fry but not in the mood for a Chinese take out menu, the answer is my Fast and Gourmet Blog. This recipe is super easy and delicious.  How many times have you eaten Chinese take out and wondered if the meat was really chicken?  Ok, its probably chicken, but probably the lowest grade and the least expensive.  Recently I have switched to organic chicken, I figure its probably a healthier choice, definitely more expensive but at least you know organic chickens are not fed any antibiotics.  When your stir fry is home made you can be sure that all the ingredients are to your liking.  I serve my stir fry over white rice.
Ingredients for stir fry:
1/3 red pepper
1/2 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup broccoli
1 scallion
1/2 zucchini
1/2 carrot
2-3 chicken breast
teriyaki/soy sauce
I start by slicing the chicken as thin as possible, In a wok, heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil, add chicken and stir, once the chicken turns white, I add teriyaki sauce and some soy sauce, add as much teriyaki as you like, and just a few dashes of the soy.  Add all vegetables and stir fry for about 5 minutes, make sure there is enough liquid, if not add some more teriyaki sauce.
Fast, simple and delicious, Enjoy!

cut up veggies

stir fry in my wok


No comments:

Post a Comment