Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Muse

Although I've thought about writing a blog for quite some time now, it wasn't until today that my thoughts finally turned into action.
Some people drink to relieve stress, some work out, shop, play sports etc, I on the other hand cook. Its more than a stress reliever for me, food is my passion, one of my many loves.  The kitchen is the only place I feel creative and artistic,and like every artist one needs a muse.  It was actually Craig, my husband, that suggested to me today that he is my muse, after asking whats for dinner tonight, and he is absolutely right.  A muse is someone that inspires you in your creativity and he inspires my imagination in the kitchen.  Since I cook mostly for him, I'm always trying to come up with something new and unique and of course delicious.  If I had all day to cook I would probably make more elaborate meals, but since i work all day, I usually have a short window of time to prepare dinner, and my ideas are born either on the train ride home, or in my pantry just minutes before i start my rendition of 30 (or less) minute meals.
So tonight, our dinner consisted of  - Chicken Meat Loaf, with Califlower Gratin and Roasted Asparagus -
Chicken meat loaf is always an easy winner, recipe can be found right on the Lipton onion soup mix box.  Roasted Asparagus is a side dish I often prepare with different meals, recipe below, however the Califlower Gratin was something new i came up with on a whim. I know i haven't created a breakthrough recipe, however,if you want to try something really delicious and quick, recipe is below. Enjoy!!

Roasted Asparagus -Trim fresh Asparagus and lay out on cookie sheet, spray with pam or drizzle olive oil and Kosher Salt, bake at 400 for about 10 min.
Califlower Gratin - boil whole califlower in a pot with salt until tender, cut up and mash, mix in 2 tablespoons sour cream and half cup shredded cheese ( i used a Cheddar pre shredded mix).  transfer to a baking dish and top with some more cheese, for about 20 minutes at 350-400, you can broil to get the top brown,

until next time.
yana




No comments:

Post a Comment