Friday, January 7, 2011

Fast and Gourmet!!!

I've heard it too many times, " I don't have time to cook"..... "I don't know what to make"...So this is mainly what my blog is all about, me making Fast and Gourmet meals, and sharing recipes, so you, my readers will have no more excuses.  Sure, takeout is great, but there is nothing more rewarding than making a delicious meal at home for yourself and your loved ones. Not to mention that cooking in your own kitchen where you control the ingredients is definitely alot healthier.  Don't get me wrong, this should not end or replace eating out, because I myself am a huge fan of restaurants, but if you are eating at home, might as well make it Fast and Gourmet.
So here goes, tonight I made a Risotto with Asparagus and Feta Cheese and a stir fried Asian Chicken.  The Risotto part sounds very fancy, but all it is, is rice cooked with cut up fresh asparagus, and at the end I added crumbled feta cheese, recipe below.  There are a million different ways to stir fry chicken, my way just happens to be extra yummy, I slice all the ingredients so there is a size consistency and the combination of the 2 sauces I use is delicious, and it takes all but 20 minutes to make, recipe below.
Risotto:
I used a rice mix that had some extra dried ingredients but you can use any kind of rice, including plain 10 minute fast cooking rice, to make things easier.
cook rice according to instructions, when the rice is half way cooked, add in about 8-10 spears of asparagus cut up in about 1/2" size.  Once the rice is cooked, add in crumbled feta cheese, its that easy and you can substitute for any other vegetable or cheese.
Chicken:
I used 2 chicken breasts, I sliced each breast in 3 and then sliced each piece, ( or you can just get the very thin pre-sliced chicken) see image below. One medium onion and a half of a zucchini, if you want to use any other vegetable you can. Cook the onions until golden, add chicken, cook for about 1-2 minutes until chicken is white, should be quick because the chicken is so thin, add zucchini, then add a combination of the Asian sesame and teriyaki sauce. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until chicken is done and vegetables are soft, serve and then watch yourself go for seconds.  Even my 14 month old baby enjoyed the meal :O)
until next time
Yana






1 comment: