Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Burger and Fries!!!

Tonight's dinner was fast food inspired, Chicken Cheeseburger, Fries and Cole Slaw, and all made from scratch.  I was at Trader Joe's this weekend, and picked up the cutest mini buns, and I thought, they really deserve to be served right.  To think, the inspiration came from a pretty little bun. So I made mini chicken burgers and home fries, as well as my own cole slaw, and the result was amazing.  So much so that my husband called it his new favorite meal.  The fries recipe happens to be my childhood favorite.  Its so simple, yet the flavor of freshly cut fries is so delicious no wonder they call them home fries. 
Mini burgers: makes about 15 mini burgers
1 lb ground chicken
1 egg
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chopped dill
Mix all ingredients, shape into mini burgers and fry on a skillet ( I have a grill skillet which is perfect) until golden.  The burgers cook quick, about 2 minutes per side, I also added a quarter slice of American cheese to each.  To make the sliders, I mixed ketchup and mustard and smeared on both sides of the bun, topped with a little cole slaw.
Home Fries:
5 Idaho potatoes
peel and wash potatoes and cut thin, heat 2 TB spoons vegetable oil in a non stick skillet and add potatoes, cook, turning often on medium-low heat till golden and soft, about 25 minutes, you can also cover to cook quicker, but check on it often and turn often.
Cole Slaw
1 package shredded cabbage and carrots
dressing:

This recipe I really eyeballed all the ingredients, a few tablespoons white wine vinegar, mayo, Dijon mustard, squeeze of lemon.  whisk everything together and mix with cabbage, I also added half of a pear, finely chopped, for the sweetness. Mix well and let stand for a few hours so the cabbage can marinate, or refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment