Wednesday, December 14, 2011

French Macaroons

I have always been fascinated with French Macaroons.  They are so posh, so delicate, so french and so expensive... A little shop in Manhattan sells them for $2 a piece,  I did splurge and it was well worth it, but still the personal satisfaction only comes when Im able to make it myself, so I had to try.  The real ambition finally came when I got two recipes, both of which seemed pretty uncomplicated.  The bon appetit magazine featured a recipe for chocolate macaroons and the second one came from a friend attending the pastry arts program at the French Culinary Academy, so I knew this recipe was legit.
For whatever reason the Culinary Academy provides measurements in grams, so I had to dust off an ancient food scale to measure the ingredients, this was a bit tricky, but did work.  The result, deliciously delicate little cookies, which came together with a little nutella and raspberry jam.  The personal achievement I felt when these came out of the oven looking so professional is indescribable.  Ofcourse I was addicted to the rush, and had to try the bon appetit recipe the very next day.  Once again, success.  I cant wait to share these little delights with my friends and family.  The recipes are a bit long to write out, I will put them up by request :O)

2 comments:

  1. well, that is simply teasing and boasting! =) scan it and add as a picture =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masha, here is the recipe
    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/12/chocolate-macaroons-with-orange-ganache

    ReplyDelete