Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lunch...

Its almost winter, my garden looks really sad and empty around this time of year, everything is pretty much dead, except arugula.  For whatever reason, every year, around November, the arugula plant decides to go for its last hurrah.  It sprouts beautiful delicious peppery leaves and just begs to be made into a salad. 
Today, I decided to make a little lunch which consisted of a wrap and panini sandwiches for my husband, a salad and freshly baked honey wheat flat bread for myself and whole wheat pizza for the baby.  I was inspired by one of the food network shows to add honey to a dough, so I came up with my own recipe for honey wheat pizza dough.
Panini and Sandwiches
sliced turkey breast
swiss cheese
my mom's home made cranberry sauce
arugula leaves
Use a panini press for the sandwiches, a pressed sandwich is always better:O)

 Salad
Arugula leaves from my garden
1 chopped tomato
1/2 slices avocado
oil/lemon/vinegar dressing

Honey Wheat Pizza Dough
1 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sugar
1 package yeast
1 cup all purpose flour ( plus more for kneading/dusting)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon Salt
Mix the first 4 ingredients, add yeast and set aside for 10 minutes to proof.  Mix the flours together with salt and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients, mixing in between until its thick enough to knead. Continue to knead until all flour is incorporated, you should have a pretty soft dough.  Put in a bowl, cover with plastic or a towel and leave to rise for 1-2 hours. 
I used this dough to make pizza on my pizza stone, just roll out, top with your favorite ingredients and bake at 425 for about 10 minutes or until brown.  I also used this dough to make flat bread, simply roll out, score with a fork and bake until brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment