Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Fried Rice.....

Whenever I need a quick fix meal, I turn to my fridge and take a quick inventory.  Vegetables...check.  Chicken....check.  Leftover Rice from yesterdays takeout....check.  What can be easier than throwing everything together in a Wok and having a delicious meal in just minutes.  Not only do you get a home cooked meal, you get to save a few ingredients from going bad and ultimately ending up in the trash.  When I cook for 2, I usually use half or even quarters of certain vegetables, the rest get stored in a ziplock bag, to use the next night.  By the end of the week, I find quite a few zip lock bags laying around and find myself so happy to save them from going bad.  The Other night I made a very quick Chicken fried rice.  It went like this.
1 chicken breast, raw or cooked, cut in very small pieces
dices onion, pepper, zucchini, and carrot
1 scrambled egg
a container of rice from Chinese takeout
soy and teriyaki sauce
I started with a hot wok, little bit of olive oil, throw the chicken in, stir until white, about 3-5 minutes, add all the chopped veggies and stir.  Add soy and teriyaki sauce, and rice, mix all together, stir and cook for about 3 minutes until everything is uniformly cooked and coated with sauce, add the scrambled egg, and you've got yourself a delicious meal.  Any of the ingredients can be swapped.
Enjoy!

cut up veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment